Saturday, August 8, 2009

Melancholic Rooftop

Wow, two posts in two days right after another. This is amazing!!! In any case this is a little smaller than my other posts but I really don't have so much free time as to be able to post a huge long thing today. At least not yet in the day. Anyways I feel as though Dark Wolf deserves special thanks because she almost always seems to be the first to comment and she always comments and she is a large reason why I haven't given up on this blog altogether.

XxXxXxX

I didn't sleep much that night so it was of little surprise when I was already wide awake when Elisa began waking up. I wondered to myself just how she would react when she woke to find herself in my arms.

Sure enough I knew when she was fully awake because her body underneath my arm suddenly grew tense.

"Good morning Elisa," I whispered with a small smile.

She twisted her hear around and looked up at me and her body relaxed again but she still had a confused look in her eyes.

"Are you always so reckless when you've had too much to drink?"

The confused look in her eyes grew and she started to looked panicked. I figured she had no memory of the night before because of all the alcohol.

"Do you remember the bar?"

She nodded slowly.

"You had a little too much to drink and right in front of all those humans your ears and tail was showing so I made you leave and while I was trying to figure out where to go you took off away from me. I followed you to this sky scraper and -"

The image of tears rolling down her face flashed in my mind but I quickly pushed it away.

"- and when I up here you collapsed in my arms and fell asleep."

I wasn't sure why I omitted the crying part. Maybe it was for her sake or maybe it was because I felt bad I had seen her quite so vulnerable. I wanted to know why she was crying but some questions are better left unasked.

"I'm sorry you stayed up here with me," she said with a small smile.

I smiled widely and shrugged.

"It's okay; you are cute when you sleep."

Her face instantly became red and she looked away so I was unable to see her face.

We sat like that for a few more minuets before she seemed to realized that she was still laying on me. She hurriedly pushed herself off from me and sat up.

She didn't seem to know what to do, or was too deep in thought to know what to do. I stood up, winching because my arm had gone numb and tingled painfully.

I just stood there, staring up at the sky. After a little time had passed she stood next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I don't feel like doing anything today. I'm just going to get a hotel room and relax today. Lily is still at the bar as well. Oh, and remember Kitsunes are masters of illusions."

With that last baffling statement she turned and went through the door that led to the stairs.

I don't know how long I stayed up there and I'm not sure why I didn't feel like going anywhere. I just wanted to look at the clouds passing overhead and the mountains on the horizon.

2 comments:

Dark wolf said...

*in shock from two posts so close to one another*

**two minutes later**

thanks for the thanks ^^"
i also wonder why she cried...heh...uh..yea..XD
i hate it when my arm goes numb and tingly.
ooohhh i love watching clouds. when theres actually clouds in the sky....

Dark wolf said...

OH! i almost forgot.....FIRST COMMENT!

well...this is the second one........anyways..........