Another post! Woo, I'm just going to try to keep 'em coming. Hopefully this will become a regular thing, right?
XxXxXxX
We stayed in Denver for another two day; Lily had rented an expensive hotel room so we could stay longer.
Our days were filled to the brim with all sort of attraction, both for the human tourists and the non-human tourists. It was fun and I quite enjoyed myself but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was quite relieved when we returned to my quiet little home town. Like the saying goes, its not much but its home.
Lily had dropped my off in front of my house saying that there was some business that she needed to take care of so that it would be a couple days before she could see me again.
Little to my surprise my parents we not home so I was able to enjoy some peace and quiet for a time. After changing out of my new clothes, which Lily never actually seemed to notice, I threw myself on the couch in the living room and fell fast asleep with the lights of the slowing lowering sun casting an orange glow of the carpet.
I heard my father come home first, the sky had gone from a blazing fire to dark ash already, so I realized I must have taken quite some nap.
I sluggishly got up and threw some food in the microwave for my father and myself.
"Ah, I was wondering when you were getting back. So did you have fun in Denver?"
My dad made a beeline straight to the fridge and grabbed himself a glass of milk. He seemed happy that I was home, probably because I usually made the meals because my mother was always late it seemed. It was a miracle that he hadn't gone hungry during the time I was gone.
"Yeah I had fun but city life just isn't for me I think. I missed being able to sleep without hearing cars and planes all the time."
My dad laughed at that. Even though he was more of a local lawyer there had been times when for this reason or that he had to fly to some big city for a company meeting. Though he was top dog here he was just a branch of a huge firm so sometimes he had to go. I think he understood what I was talking about.
The microwave beeped at us so I got our food out and we sat at the table.
"You ready for school?"
I couldn't help but let out a loud groan. School, how could I forget. I still had a pile of homework that I was suppose to do and school was starting in less than two weeks. What a nightmare.
"I'll take that as a no," my father said with a large smile. My mother said I got my horrid procrastination from him.
"I guess I'm going to have to start working on it tomorrow then," I said with a sigh. Though I really didn't have anything else to do, it sure as heck didn't want to spend my day, one of the last of my summer vacation working on homework. Summer homework should be banned, that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Homework
Labels:
dad,
denver,
father,
homework,
human tourist,
lawyer,
lily,
lycanthrope,
non-human tourists,
robert,
school,
summer vacation,
vampire,
werewolf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOOT FIRST COMMENT! lol thats a first,
Ya I hate summer homework too, they need to make it a law not to have children do homework over the summer :).. hehe, Luckily at my school we don't get it that often so I am happy for that xD.
Can't wait for the next post! I wonder what mysterious business she had to attend to o.O..
anyways, byezzz!! :D!
~Aurora :3
i can't believe that your school and Aurora's school give you guys summer homework. i guess i should really love my school since they don't ever do that!summer homework has got to suck!
yayy for more posting!! and sorry i havent been commenting, havent been near a computer lately ><
i dont get summer homework :D lol
I also hate summer homework. The book I had to read this year was AWFUL!
hey robert. if u want me to leave u alone, message me on max-dan-wiz. 'kay?
-ANORA/H
Neat blog! I really like the drawings on the sidebar.
~Kendra
Post a Comment