For dinner I decided that I would just stick with cooking a pizza for my family. My parents loved my home made pizza. Yes, I cook. With my mother and father always working, my mother works at the local vet and my father at the Lawyer’s office, that left me with the ability to learn how to cook for myself. It’s a skill I greatly value and according to Lily every guy should learn how to cook.
Anyways so I had just thrown the pizza in the oven to begin cooking. It had been in there just long enough though that the house was filled with the sweet smells of pizza.
I leaned back against the island in the kitchen and let out a sigh. There was something Lily was hiding, that much was obvious. And by the fact the last thing we had been talking about was killing and “your family is the last one you want to kill” I could only come to the conclusion that when she was a newborn, you know a fresh vampire, she had killed her family.
“Mmm best way to come home it to smell your cooking,” my father said with a grin, throwing his keys into a clay bowl by the door.
“You make me sound like a stay at home wife,” I said trying to sound mad.
He laughed and popped open a can of Dr. Pepper, his all time favorite soft drink. Me and him had a joke that was said almost every time I cooked. He had been the one to correct me when I said I thought only girls were suppose to cook. I think because of him I’m much less sexist now then I would be if I had listened to the idiots at my school.
“Better a house wife that a lazy-ass teenager.”
“Says you!”
He laughed and gave my hair a friendly rub. He had always done that, ever sense I was little.
“So I’m going to take it you are feeling better from when you were in the hospital?”
“Yeah, the doctor said it was just something that had the run its course. He said it went quicker through my body than anyone else he had ever seen.”
“That’s my boy, cant keep you knocked down.”
I grinned and grabbed myself a glass of milk and gulped it down. I didn’t realize I had become so thirsty. I was so worried about Lily I wasn’t paying attention to my bodies own needs.
“So when should mom be home?”
“I suppose as long as no one brought in any more dieing animals so should be home any minuet now.”
Sure enough moments later we heard the sound of a car engine driving up and turning off and then the car door closing.
“Something smells good, I take it you are feeling better Rob?”
“Much better, restless even.”
“Understandable. You never were one to stay cooped up for long.”
“Speaking of which, I was wondering if I could go on a little road trip.”
“Where to?”
“Just to Denver or something.”
“Anyone else coming along?”
“Yes, Lily wanted to come with me.”
“Anyone else?”
“No.”
The look between my parents didn’t go unnoticed by me.
“Nothing like a little road trip with a good friend.”
My father looked relieved but my mother, not so much. I don’t know why exactly but I figured she wouldn’t say anything, for which I was grateful. I don’t know why parents have to think they know everything, it’s simply absurd.
“Well its fine with us, I hope you two have fun. Anything in specific you want to go see?”
“Naw, I just want to get out for a while. That little bought of whatever it was left me feeling far to restless for this little town.”
“Okay, well just don’t get in trouble.”
My father was so easy to deal with sometimes.
“So I had three dogs who got hit by a car brought in today. It just makes me sick. I bet the people who hit them were drunk.”
And with that the conversation took a different turn and I was left alone and knowing my parents wouldn’t break it back up.
Dinner went by quickly, and the food was excellent, a fact my parents wouldn’t let go unsaid more than 50 thousand times.
I said good night and headed to my room and laid in my bed. I waited for her to come silently through the window but at 11 I realized that she wasn’t coming. I pulled on some better clothes, grabbed a flashlight and a pocket knife and snuck out of the window. I needed to make sure she was okay. I wasn’t going to let my best friend suffer through her pain alone.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Dinner and Denver
Labels:
cooking,
denver,
dinner,
lily,
lycanthrope,
lycanthropy,
pizza,
robert,
sneaking out,
vampire,
werewolf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow. jeeze, even a guy can cook better than me. >.< hehe, i burned water one time (yeah, dont ask). glad to see you werew thiking of lily through your hardships. thats what good frineds are all about =D
lol I burn toast all the time lol good thing you can cook though, I agree with Lily that all guys should know too XD
Whooo! High5 to people who cook! xD Lol. I have had some bad times with cooking though.. I "lit" a toaster on fire once cause of a pop tart getting stuck in it.. oi vai it was the worst!
That's cool that you were still looking out for Lily back then, how is da baby!!!???
Well I gtg ;3,
Aurora :3 :D =D
HOWS DA BABY!!!!!!!!??????
ILL GO TO UR BABY WEBSITE AND LILYS
Post a Comment