Wow, its been so long sense I last posted. Geeze, I've really got to try to keep up with this. Well anyways, happy new year!!! Uh. . . . I'm going to try to post more often. . . hopefully people still read this silly little blog of mine
XxXxX
After having watched Van Helsing I was quite bored out of my mind and feeling a strange sense of claustrophobia. Upon asking Lily about this sudden phobia she explained that it was simply the wild side of me hating to be cooped up. After much complaint she finally agreed to go spend the rest of the afternoon outside in the woods as long as I stayed in my human form.
“You know you are really going to have to learn to deal with it if you are ever going to get through school,” she said with a disapproving frown, looking up at me from a flat rock she was laying on.
Suddenly full of energy I was climbing from tree to tree, making almost superhuman jumps that was beyond my ability before.
I think I may have ticked her off slightly when demanding to go outside, for now she had a frown always on her face.
“I know, I know, but there is still a month until I have to go back to the dreaded prison we call school.”
I think I saw a ghost of a smile on her lips at my wording but as quickly as it had come, the smile was gone.
“You need to be a little more serious about all this.”
“Why so serious?”
She rolled her eyes at me and my quoting of the Joker in any Batman cartoon. (And the new Batman movie, but I didn’t know that at the time)
“You have a new responsibility on your shoulders now.
“And what it that?”
“Power. You have the power to kill anyone you don’t like, do anything you like when it comes to the humans.”
“But I wont because I don’t want to so what is there to worry about.”
“You just don’t seem to understand. Its not all fun and games becoming what you are.”
I leaped to a tree above her and let myself fall down into a crouch next to her on the rock. My face was serious, all laughter gone from my eyes to show her I was serious.
“No I know it’s not all fun and games. When my mother opened the door when I first came home, I could small the blood, I could feel the heat from her pulsing heart. Don’t think that I haven’t realized the danger my parents are in every time I’m around. I know, trust me, I do. But if I focus on the negative things, like the fact I could destroy this whole town in less than an hour, then I will surly go mad. I need to see the goodness in this, I need to find the joy.”
She sat, looking slightly dumbfounded. I hadn’t remembered ever really snapping at her like that before. Then again, I hadn’t remembered her ever being quite so nagging.
“You know, I think you are too serious for your own good. If you were mortal you would be gray in the hair by now,” I said teasingly, trying to lighten the mood.
I laughed and jumped straight up, grabbing a tree branch and pulling myself back into the trees.
“What’s the point of living if you don’t have fun?”
I laughed again and took off into the shadows of the trees, grinning because not too far behind me I could hear her easily follow on the ground, giggling slightly to herself.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Why So Serious?
Labels:
death,
family,
lily,
lycanthrope,
robert,
tree,
vampire,
van helsing,
werewolf,
why so serious
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You look nervous...Is it the scars? You wanna know how I got 'em? Come here...hey...look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful...like you...who tells me, I worry too much, who tells me I oughta smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep...with the sharks. One day they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it. I just wanna see her smile again...hmm. I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars. So...I stick a razor in my mouth and do this...to myself. And you know what?...SHE CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF ME! She leaves...Now I see the funny side...Now i'm always smiling.
You wanna know how I got these scars? My father...was...a drinker, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off caaazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not...one...BIT. So...me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me...and he says..."WHY SO SERIOUS?". He comes at me with the knife..."WHY SO SERIOUS?!". Sticks the blade in my mouth..."LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!"...aaaand...why so serious?
Yeah I know what you mean about the nagging thing.. amazingly enough Ylvia (who is only 9years old O.O) nags me the most out of everyone x.x.. oi vai it is mucho annoying! eeeekk.. How is Jacklyn doing?!!! I wish I could see a picture of her!! >>>>.<<<< oh well, I will talk to you guys later =D!!! :3!! =]!!
Love y'all lots!,
Aurora :D!!!!!
oh we all understand you've been busy taking care of your family, but glad you updated the blog... and of course we still read it! and absolutely ALWAYS live life to the fullest and have don't forget to have fun
Byez! Cruz
I love the joker. in fact My friends and I found that I have an idiosyncratic obsessive cumpolsive dissorder about the joker. All i have is a shirt. though... and a button...and a pillow, five posters, seven keychains, and a bobble head.
I don't get out much because of what I am, but my friends bring me stuff. You should find some friends that will also understand your situation as a lycan. i was only lucky to find some considering my conditions.
Your lucky you don't have to go to school that much. at mine I get bullied because i have photophobia. i have to wear sunglasses or I can get serious headaches that cause my wild side to get a little out of hand. My friends can show you their scars.
i also love VanHellsing. I got it because of the vampires and werewolves (I also have a ocd about my own kind) anyway, then i realized there was frankenstien. my mom wouldn't watch it with me. She said it was a sad reminder of my father, and what she was afraid I would become.
I bet Lily fears for you too.
Well my time is almost up. gots to go
Bye.
Post a Comment