Saturday, September 20, 2008

The First Day

Okay, so last time I ended with telling you how dawn had actually come and I was still in a tree so I'm going to continue with that.

So in the light of the sun just the idea of a huge wolf in the area seemed insane but the burning acidic feeling in my arm kept me from writing the whole thing as a dream. One handed I got down from the tree and walked home, listening to every sound, ready to get back in a tree. Without incident I made it back to my house.

The school bus already went by and I was starting to feel like I was going to be sick so I decided to skip for the day. I wrapped up my arm, trying to keep from screaming in pain. I told my folks that I was sick and I had tripped in the woods and cut open my arm. I really didn't want them thinking I was going crazy by telling them I have been attacked by a wolf or big dog or something.

I went back to my room and texted Lilly, that's what I normally call Lillian, and told her to pick up the work from today for me. Oh and some of you might have connected the fact that she is in the sun and she is also a vampire. Hold on, that will get to that later.

Anyways I was in my room all day in pain to the point I nearly couldn't take it. The burning was spreading. Burning isn't the right word but what was happening to me is impossible to truly describe. Someone who's been shot and someone who was tortured and someone who swallowed acid and someone being thrown in a furnace and maybe even someone who was having their stomach cut wide open so everything there fall out, all of them together might understand the pain that I was feeling. I'm not sure but I think I may have spent a good part of the day screaming.

By the time I heard Lilly's car's growl, it have a very . . . distinctive growl; those car lovers out there will know what I'm talking about, I was able to keep from screaming and twitching. She knocked on the door and I could hardly croak for her to come in. She stepped into the room, her eyes wide and disbelieving.

"Where were you last night?"

The sunlight poured through my window on her face, making her look all the more serious.

"I went for a run in the woods and I cut my arm open and passed out. When I woke I felt like shit so I skipped today."

She tossed her over stuffed bag onto the floor and crossed the room to my bed. She put her hands on my cheek and I actually moaned (Something she still laughs at me for.) and my eyes started rolling up. I couldn't help it, her hands felt like ice on my burning skin.

"So why we rent you going to tell me about the wolf that attack you?"

I was beyond words at the moment. All day I had been in pain and I had finally found something that at least dulled the pain. She sighed and pulled her hands away and I growled. Yes I actually growled, didn't know how and didn't mean to but I did.

"I'll be right back," she said swiftly leaving my room. I whimpered to myself and curled back into a ball, now that my relief was gone.

I smelt something that made my stomach lurch and feel like I hadn't had food in days at the same time. She had a piece of meat on a plate. The damn thing still looked raw. Without really thinking about it I was in front of her grabbing the meat and stuffing it down without caring that it was in fact raw.

She set the plate down on my desk and put her hand on my arm. I managed to keep from moaning this time. she pushed me onto the bed and sat down next to me.

"So you haven't answered my question."
"It sounds crazy, wolves are never in this area."

She nodded like she expected the answer.

"No wolves aren't, but werewolves do pass through and last night was the full moon."

No comments: