Monday, September 22, 2008

The Choice

I woke later laying on my back on my bed. I looked out of the side of my eye to see Lilly sitting with her back to the headboard reading a book. It took a moment for all my recent memories to come rushing back. Werewolf attacks, raw meat, vampire best friend, blood drinking; it was almost to much to take in.

"So, was it any good?"

She looked at me with a small smile playing on her lips. She bookmarks the page she was on and set it on the headboard.

"It was delicious," she said licking her lips as if remembering the taste.

"Thanks to that I wont have to drink for a couple weeks at least."

"Huh?"

I hadn't understood what she meant, she sounded shocked which is something that never happens with her.

"With human blood I have to feed at least once every other week, every week sometimes but your blood is stronger than normal humans so it will last longer."

I scooted back so I was sitting next to her too, staring off at the wall. I remembered wondering who she fed on. It must have been obvious what I was thinking because she hung her head slightly.

"I've never actually killed. I take blood when their are sleeping. It doesn't hurt them in any ways what so ever."

I threw an arm around her shoulders and gently hugged her. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"You don't like that you have to do that do you?"

She shook her head slowly. She had no control over it but that didn't stop the guilt.

"So don't drink on any of them anymore."

She shook her head again, her body slumped in defeat.

"You don't understand, I don't have a choice anymore. If I don't drink I will die or go mad and kill everyone for blood."

She seemed so upset, I hated seeing her like that. I hugged her tightly for a moment.

"No you misunderstand. I'm presenting you with a choice, hopefully one you can deal with. You can only drink from me."

She started to pull away, I saw her face and knew she was going to argue.

"No look you wont have to drink as often and I think my body would be able to deal with it better than a humans. And you wont feel guilty at all because I'm telling you that it is alright. I'm your friend, this is my gift to you."

She looked up at me with a confused expression on her face.

"You find out I'm a monster and still you try to do anything you can for me, why? Why aren't you repulsed by what I am and what I have to do to survive."

"Well I'm a monster myself now aren't I and monsters like you and I got to stick together right?"
She grinned, I noticed her teeth looked perfectly normal now.

"And I have a feeling there's going to be parts of being a werewolf that I'm not proud of but I cant change that, neither can you. And look at regular humans, think of all the animals they kill just to use half to eat and to throw the other half away. They don't have to kill so much to survive yet they do so if you look at it you are much much better than most of them."

She laughed and wrapped her arms around me and tightly hugged me. She let go and got off of the bed and stood up.

"Your parents are going to be home soon and I don't think you want to explain why there is a girl on your bed so I'm going to leave."

I laughed, my parents had already figured out that my and Lilly were just friends so they could find us on the bed together and think nothing of it. I love Lilly to death but in that closest friend way and everyone had realized that after a while.

She grinned and shrugged and licked her lips again.

"Hungry already?"

"No, just thinking of getting to taste it a couple weeks from now, I can hardly wait."

I laughed and shook my head at how weird it was we were talking about it. Talk about a friend you can talk to about anything.

"I'll sneak in later tonight. Please leave your window open so I don't have to pick your lock."

I nodded and she walked from the room. The first think I did was yank my window wide open. I waved to her as she drove away in her car, wondering when exactly she would show up tonight.

2 comments:

iceblink007 said...

dude you and lilly should get together you sound like you would make the perfect couplescp

iceblink007 said...

I have thought about it and my friends fully support me. My family doesn't care. If I disappeared for a few days they still wouldn't care. So, please please make me a werewolf! And what's the name of Lilly's friend?