So . . . I kinda left everyone at one hell of a cliff hanger didn't I? I honestly had planned on posting the next night but I didn't. Time just got away from me. And so much has been happening. I'll try to sum it up quickly so you can go about reading this silly little blog.
First I created a FurAffinity page and a DeviantArt page. All under the name Robert Varulfur. I've actually posted a picture or two (or five) on FurAffinity so go check them out sometime.
Second, I saved a stray! She is so amazing too. I think she's an Aussie. She's around a year old and I think she was beat by males before. When I first got her she was very timid and quiet and would shy away if anyone got close (especially males) but now she barks and jumps and plays with my other dog Kala and she is still a little skittish around some other males but she loves me. Today the cage was left open (my Lab Kala figured out how to open the gate, hows that for smart) and she didn't run away or anything! Oh and her name is Abby.
Third, I recently joined/helped form a Board Game company so I've been very busy setting that up. (I'm actually at a meeting right now, but I decided that I would try to put this up because I really wanted to. :) )
Okay I think that's all the big things. Hope you enjoy reading and don't forget to comment!
XxXxXxX
It felt like the floor I was standing on had suddenly disappeared and I was floating off, weightless. But then I stopped myself. It couldn't be, of course it couldn't be! I shook my head and focused back on her words. There would be an explanation to all this, there had to be.
"-arrived he was just as I remembered him; a half shifted being who looked so alien and yet so familiar. But something was off, I recognized that right away. Maybe it was the way he walked or something else but he seemed almost more human to me.
I stayed sitting down and he climbed the steps. He was holding his eye like it hurt but his other eye was locked on me. I'm ashamed to admit it but I was scared, really truly scared. I didn't want to leave this world completely, not yet anyways. I knew I deserved it, I've deserved to be gotten rid of a thousand times over but that still didn't stop me from shaking as he reached that top step.
I remember we stayed there for the longest time, just staring at one another. Then as the sun began to rise he started to shake and a little while later he collapsed and started convulsing on my deck. I went over to him, not sure what to do at that point. He seemed to gain some control back because with his claw like hand he grabbed me wrist and pulled me closer. I didn't fight it.
'You have to stop them Lily,' he said to me, his voice and whispered growl. There was urgency in his voice now. He knew as well as I that he had very little time left.
'They are planning something terrible, you have to stop th-', he broke off into a fit of coughing, blood began bubbling out of his mouth. He was being torn up from the inside out. He kept trying to say something but the blood was flowing too freely, he couldn't get his mouth clear. Finally he just stopped moving all together.
I stayed kneeling over him for a while, I'm not sure how long before I finally came back to my senses. I took care of the body and cleaned the blood but as I was cleaning I realized that there was more than just his blood. I could just faintly smell someone else's blood, a human's blood mixed in. At that point I honestly hoped that Ben had just killed some poor human. That would have been easier to deal with. I could only think in horror as to what would happen if someone was infected by his mutated gene.
I knew the blood was fresh so I knew it was likely someone who lived in town so I decided to treat it like a normal day and went to school to check and see if any students were missing or there was any word of an disappearance in the area.
There wasn't any word about an attack or anything of the sort but there were two or three kids missing. One always skipped and hung out at the junkyard so after school I snuck to his hiding place and found him sound asleep, completely human. The next was a little girl in the fifth grade who had the flu. The third one was you. I drove up to your house, hoping it wasn't you. You were always kind to me, you never shied away from me like most other humans. But the moment I stepped out of my car I knew. I knew."
She finally turned and looked at me, straight into my eyes. She had a small sad smile that told of the guilt and sorrow she had been holding up the past months.
"I had fully planned on killing you. I couldn't risk you becoming a monster and killing everyone around you. There'd be no way to cover that up. So I go end, and there you are looking like you've been through hell and back. You're face streaked with tears and bloodshot eyes. You're clothes were completely torn, something you had done to yourself while blind with pain. But despite that you look up at me and smile like nothing's wrong. Then you go and try to cover up what had happened and act like it wasn't a big deal. I couldn't do it, I just couldn't kill you!"
Her smile vanished and tears began streaming down her face with renewed vigor. I should have been angry with her, I should have been trying to kill her. She was responsible for me becoming what I was. If she hadn't lived here Ben would have never came and I would have never been changed. And then she wanted to kill me. I couldn't figure out which was worse, knowing she planned on killing me or knowing she planned on killing me but didn't and made me suffer through everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yay you posted!! oooooh! That's all i have to say xx
ouch. that kinda sucks.
OOh. So you have the possibility of becoming a monster. Probably not though, since you haven't yet and you have been a werewolf for a while. I think Elisa has something to do with this.
I need to ask if Robert would speak with me just once. I have spoken to him before, but he would have known me as Anora, if he remembers.
Oops. I forgot: My email is wolfinheart@gmail.com
Post a Comment