Well I don't normally respond to comments but I think I will this time. Why? I have no idea.
Feather: Elisa replied that she would hit you back, nothing like a fight to bring out the worse in her. She also says her bike would leave you in the dust.
Dark Wolf: My body is programmed that way. I'm can't sleep half the month and the other half I sleep twice as much. And just because you offer a cookie and asked so sweetly I'll post this. I was planning on saving it for next months post but I'll just have to write another right?
13dragon00: You're a wise person not to trust Elisa. And I laughed when I read your comment, you don't know how right you are.
XxXxXxXxX
Lily drove silently for about a half an hour towards her house. I had wanted to ask what we were doing or what she wanted to talk to me about but something warned me against it so I sat in silence as well and watched the trees blur past the car.
Finally she pulled the car through the gate and up to her house. Somehow the house seemed hostile, like it didn't want me to come in. I knew it was just my imagination but that didn't stop the shiver that ran down my back.
She got out and walked up the porch steps and into the house, never even looking back to see if I was behind her or not. Briefly the thought of running crossed my mind but I quickly shoved it from my mind. I wished I knew what it was that plagued me so, causing me to feel so jumpy. Yeah Lily wanted to talk to me but that in itself didn't really mean anything bad, besides what horrible secret could she possibly have that I wouldn't know about?
Taking a deep breath and putting on a small smile I got out of the car and made my way into the house as well. I found Lily standing at a window in her living room, looking out so I couldn't see her face. I just stood at the door unsure what to do, there was something about the way she was that made me want nothing more than to run as fast as I could from the room. I had never felt so jumpy, so scared around her before; it was unnerving.
"Robert, there is something I have to tell you. I had hoped that I could prepare you a little for it first, let you get used to the concept before learning but with the arrival of her there is no time left."
"What are you talking about?" I could barely whisper the words, it felt like I couldn't breath. What was she talking about? And the arrival of who? Elisa?
"Twenty years ago we made an astounding discovery. We located the enzyme in werewolves that allows them to shift. It was one of the main things that allowed the genetic code of a human to be rewritten so they could shift their form. The implication of this discovery were unlike anything we had ever found before so as you can imagine we were thrilled. We started all sorts of experimentations involving this enzyme. Each experiment lead to another discovery. We learned more in a matter of a couple years than we had ever known about the werewolf species."
I wanted to ask what this had to do with me but at this point I had a feeling Lily was only just barely aware that I was even in the room. Some instinct screamed for me to run from the house and never look back but I firmly held myself to the spot.
"We were testing a drug that was suppose to inhibit the enzyme so the subject couldn't shift. It was going to allow all those who had become werewolves against their will to go back. It was going to allow them to be human with their families and friends. But something went wrong. The subject seemed fine at first, but the enzyme mutated itself. Suddenly he was shifting uncontrollably, he lost the ability to speak to recognize anything familiar. The enzyme was destroying the genetic code that made him made him human and wolf and was replacing it with some sort of twisted cancerous code that turned him into a monster."
I saw a line of red tears roll down Lily's face and drop to the floor. I wanted to comfort her but still I remained rooted to the spot, unable to even register feeling in my legs.
"The test subjects name was Benjamin. He had never wanted to become a werewolf, but he had excepted it as something he couldn't change and learned to live with it. He had a wife and two kids, a human family that he wouldn't leave even after he became a werewolf. Not many are able to do that, but he managed. But then one day he lost control and morphed in anger. He was so blinded by rage that he killed his wife and both his little girls.
I had been coming to meet him to discuss having him help me in my research, I figured a werewolf who was still trying to be human would be willing to help find a way to make it so he was just human. The moment I got out of my car I knew something was horribly wrong, I could smell it. When I went into his house I found him shuddering in a corner clutching a picture of his family and three bodies laid lovingly next to each other under a sheet that was soaked red. I figured what had happened and made a call to some people who could help cover up what had happened.
I personally took Benjamin with me and tried to help him. He was in a state of shock and I doubt much of what I said to him he heard but later when he came out of his shock he told me that he would help me. He said that he wanted to help find a way for others like him who had never asked to become a werewolf to be able to go back and live and happy, human life. He never wanted what happened to him and his family to happen to anyone else."
The tears were now falling freely from Lily's face. She stood rigid, silhouetted in the window. An immortal being or immortal sadness.
"It was decided after we couldn't save him that he was too dangerous and we had to kill him. I couldn't take it so I left and moved here. He was my friend, he trusted me and I turned him into a monster. Sometimes I think I'm more of a monster than he was, even after he went mad. I cut myself off from the outside world in this town and played human for a while. Anything to shield myself from the guilt that threatened to overwhelm me.
However I couldn't escape from what I had done. God isn't so forgiving. About a half a year ago I got a call from an old colleague from the lab. They hadn't killed Benjamin but had continued to experiment on him and see what went wrong and try to save him. But somehow he had escaped and was slowly making his way towards where I was living. They said that no matter how hard they tried they couldn't capture him, that he kept slipping past them. At the time I was sure he was coming to kill me, that he blamed me. He had every right to and I decided that if he found me I would let him kill me without another thought. It was only fair.
Finally he made it to the town in the middle of the night, I knew that he had because I could smell him from several miles away. I sat outside on the porch and waited for him to come. That was the night of the full moon, July 2007."
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Lily's Tale
Labels:
Benjamin,
blood tears,
enzyme,
experimentation,
genetic mutations,
human,
lab,
lily,
robert,
scientist,
vampire,
werewolf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OMIGOSH!!!!! was he the one who bit you?????? it all matches up; July 2007, the full moon, you out running.... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! u have to post the rest of the story ASAP!!!!!! are you going to kill him? is somethng wrong with you becasue u were bitten by him and he wasn't a full werewolf??? OMYGOSH!!!!!! u HAVE to post the rest, SOOONNN!!!!!! i'm dying of anticipation here!
OMG YOU POSTED!!! *giant hugs*
*reads the rest of the post*
OMG! He bit you didn't he??? Huh??? Post more! I'm soooo curious as to what happens! Post soon post soon post soooon! Rawrrrrr *does impatient dance* pleasepleasepleaseplease post again soon *offers another cookie* :D
OMG EPICNESS!hehe, I come poof in ^^
da da daaa!!!
oh yeah... *slaps elisa across face and totally winds her in the gut* feel better =)
So you are the one who read my entire blog. I am impressed by your story. You've been through quite the tim. Hello...I'm Tony. Recently undead. I'm glad I had the chance to read your story.
Jeezum.
Poor Benjamin.
It's like a puzzle. Which, being a wolf, requires for me to figure it out. Post more!
-BLACKSPARK, don't touch me, I'm electric.
Hello, this is Firenze. Since Blackspark lost our password, I'll have to create another blog. *sighs* I'll be sure to give you the link when it's created, Mr. Varulfur.
-Firenze
Post a Comment