Something in the fireplace made a loud popping sound and I was jerked awake, leaping to my feet, ready to run. I had been having a dream about someone trying to kill me, you know like in those actioney movies, and that pop sounded like a gun shot so I was ready to bolt from the room.
After a moment to take in where I was I realized what it was and threw a pillow at the now laughing her face off Lily. I still don’t see what she thought was so funny. But in any case I realized I had fallen asleep and it was now dark outside. All this sleeping was starting to get next to me but I figured it was from the whole just becoming a werewolf.
“You know, I don’t really want to keep my parent waiting”, I said to Lily when she had composed herself enough to listen.
“Well seeing as how you spent all day snoring on my couch how about we, I mean you, eat and we can drive back tonight. It will actually be better to do it at night so no one sees us.”
“I’m not really hungry.”
“Well you won’t really be able to eat until lunch tomorrow.”
“I think I can handle.”
“Robby please just eat. I don’t want you so hungry that you do something stupid, like burn yourself.”
I sighed; she was probably right in wanting me to eat even though I really wasn’t hungry at the current moment. Besides I really didn’t want to have to go through the whole ‘so-hungry-I-was-willing-to-hurt-myself-just-to-get-something-to-eat’ thing.
“Well do you have any beef jerky or something else I could snack on?”
Lily walked to a cabinet and started searching for it.
“All I have is some stale jerky. Oh and some potato chips.”
“I guess I’ll just settle for the jerky.”
She tossed the bag to me and grabbed the keys from the counter and we headed out to her car.
“Hey can I drive home?”
“Do you know which way is home? Do you even know which way is north?”
This question wasn’t rude, before the bite I had a HORRIBLE sense of direction. But after thinking for a moment I realized I knew exactly which way was home, and north. I pointed in one direction towards my house and pointed with the other hand in the direction of north.
Lily looked at my in mild shock for a moment but quickly got the look of one who just remembered something.
“I forgot werewolves have that amazing sense of direction. Although I can’t be blamed, I mean you had such a bad sense of direction it wouldn’t be a surprise if being a werewolf still couldn’t help you.”
I rolled my eyes and snatched the keys from her hand and strolled towards the car.
“We need to buy you your own car when you graduate.”
“Why can’t we get one now?”
“Because now that you are something paranormal you don’t want to be bring attention you yourself and if you got a fast new flashy car I’d imagine that people would start to question.”
“You have a fast and flash car.”
She shrugged and grinned slightly.
“My money, my rules.”
I let out a gently growl and put the car in reverse and pulled it away from the house.
“How about you get me something low end now? Like that rusted truck Mr. Carlson had been trying to sell for like a year now?”
“Well maybe I could let you buy that. How much is it?”
“I could probably get him to sell it to me for like 500.”
“Then I guess we could do that. How about after a week or so we go buy that from him okay?”
“Thank you. I’ll pay you back of course.”
“When you live forever money tends to pile up, I think I have enough. There is no need to pay me back.”
I grinned slightly and nodded, pulling off from the dirt road and hitting the highway. When they say a car can go from 0 to 120 in 3.2 seconds they mean it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
mmmmmmmmm jerky
i love that comment before mine.
"mmmmmmmmm jerky"
rofl.
Luckily now we both have nice flashy cars :P
I know how much you hated that truck.
mmmmmm bacon.. sorry I keep thinking of the last post hehe.
Talk to ya later!,
Aurora =)
i think raw meat is way better than cooked meat.
You poo-poo head! I can't believe you already saw those movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment